CNC Punching - CNC Plasma Cutting
Punch and Plasma Cut Plate up to 96" x 240"
Our Whitney 4400 Max CNC Turret Punch combines Punching and Plasma Cutting of plate from 1/4" to 1" thickness in the same machine.
Andersen Industries utilizes punching and plasma cutting to manufacture high quality metal components. We specialize in manufacturing components to supply OEM production operations and construction projects that require exacting requirements and delivery deadlines.
Plasma cutting is an economical, efficient manufacturing process used to cut medium to heavy thickness metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and alloys. It is a quick cutting process, providing fast throughput, tolerance control, and repeatability.
It is much faster to punch holes in plate than to pierce and plasma cut. Punched holes provide accurate internal features. Dependent on the hole size in relation to material thickness we punch the hole. Holes larger than the machines tonnage capacity along with cutouts and the part perimeter are plasma cut. Advanced plasma cutting technology provides highly productive contouring with a high-quality dross-free cut.
Additional benefits of punching include coining, countersinking, embossing, forming, and extruding. Being able to run these additional processes eliminates the extra handling time and expense required to run later on in a secondary operation on other machines.
- Punching Capacity - 100 Tons
- Maximum hole diameters by material thickness
- 3.00" Dia. x .38" Thickness
- 2.50" Dia. x .50" Thickness
- 1.62" Dia. x .75" Thickness
- 1.25" Dia. x 1.0" Thickness
- 16 Station Tool Changer enables faster punching of holes 3" and under
- Forming – Extruded Holes, Embossing, Countersinking, Coining, Center Punching, Part Marking
- 1” Carbon Steel Maximum thickness for Punching
- 260 Amp Plasma
- 1” Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel Maximum thickness for Plasma Cutting
- 96” x 240” Maximum Part Size without Repositioning