CNC Punching - CNC Plasma Cutting
Punch and Plasma Cut Plate up to 96" x 240"
Andersen Industries utilizes both punching and plasma cutting to manufacture high-quality metal components. We specialize in manufacturing components to supply OEM production operations and construction projects that require exacting requirements and delivery deadlines.
Our Whitney 4400 Max CNC Turret Punch combines Punching and Plasma Cutting of plate from 1/4" to 1" thickness in the same machine.
Plasma cutting is an economical, efficient thermal cutting manufacturing process used to cut carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and alloys in 1/4" thru 1" thicknesses. It is a quick cutting process, providing fast throughput, tolerance control, and repeatability.
It is much faster to punch holes in the plate than to pierce and plasma cut. Punched holes provide accurate internal features. Dependent on the hole size in relation to the material thickness we typically punch the hole. Holes larger than the machines tonnage capacity along with cutouts and the part perimeter are plasma cut. Advanced plasma cutting technology provides highly productive contouring (much faster than a laser) with a high-quality dross-free cut.
Additional benefits of punching include coining, countersinking, embossing, forming, and extruding. Being able to run these additional processes eliminates downstream operations, allowing parts to be completed in a single operation.
Producing complex, thick parts with multiple steps can take a lot of time when done on several machines. With the Whitney 4400 Max Punch Plasma Combination machine we produce more thick parts per day and at less cost to you!
- Punching Capacity - 100 Tons
- Maximum hole diameters by material thickness
- 3.00" Dia. X .31" Thickness
- 2.80" Dia. x .38" Thickness
- 2.10" Dia. x .50" Thickness
- 1.40" Dia. x .75" Thickness
- 1.00" Dia. x 1.0" Thickness
- 16 Station Tool Changer enables faster punching of holes 3" and under
- Forming – Extruded Holes, Embossing, Countersinking, Coining, Center Punching, Part Marking
- 1” Carbon Steel Maximum thickness for Punching
- 260 Amp Plasma
- 1” Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel Maximum thickness for Plasma Cutting
- 96” x 240” Maximum Part Size without Repositioning