The WELDPRO 360-LR is a Limited Rotation Mig Welding Boom. This unique weld boom includes a Base Mounted Pivot that provides Continuous 220° of non-continuous rotation. It is not-continuous and is limited because it does not have a slip-ring and rotary union found on the 360-UR model. It is limited to the 220° of rotation due to the power supply cables, shielding gas lines and shop air line wrapping around the boom column as it is rotated.
The design is built around the concept of placing all welding related equipment on the boom structure. All welding equipment: the welding power supply, wire feeder, welder and wire feeder settings, inert gas, welding wire, weld boom controls and fume extraction system are mounted on the boom column or arms. Mounting all the equipment on the Mig boom column allows the boom to rotate up to 220 degrees and provide welding access anywhere within a 56 foot diameter semi-circle area.
The boom incorporates a vertical support column with a bearing assembly that sets on a floor mounted base. The large bearing assembly provides for smooth and easy rotation of the boom even with multiple 1,000 pound drums or boxes of welding wire.
There are two boom arms, a primary arm and a secondary arm. The primary arm is attached to the vertical support column. A double-articulated joint arrangement connects the primary and secondary arms. It is this double-articulated joint which allows the operator pendant, mounted at the end of the secondary arm, to fold back toward the base, eliminating any welding dead zones common to other designs.
There are No dead zones within the 220 degrees of arc rotation; No wasted time spent dragging the welder around; No tangled or cut cables; No wire feeding problems; and No clutter on the shop floor. Safety is improved and productivity soars!
This Advanced Mig Welding Boom is a complete system designed to eliminate wasted motion, time and shop floor clutter. It provides fingertip accessibility to the weld operator of all welding equipment, controls, support tools and clean air. This leads to significant gains of 15-30% in Arc-On time. Further gains due to better operator positioning, comfort and safety makes for healthier and happier employees. Weld integrity, consistency and appearance improve adding to your products reliability and craftsmanship. Throughput is quicker, lead time reduced and productivity increased.
- All the tools for complete welding operation control
- Welder and boom rotation controls within arms-reach of the operator
- Reduces time spent on non-welding activities
- No welding dead zones
- Eliminates shop floor clutter
- Increases part-to-part consistency
- Increases productivity and welding output
- Increased safety
The WELDPRO 360-UR is available in both Single Arm 360-UR and Twin Arm 360-URT configurations.
WeldPro 360-UR, 360-URT, 360-LR & 360-LRT Mig Weld Booms include either the Lincoln Power Feed 84 Wire Feeder and Remote Operator Interface or the Miller Continuum Wire Feeder and Remote Operator Interface. Other power supplys with remote feeder and operator controls may be considered.
- Andersen supplied Lincoln Power Wave welders
- Andersen supplied Miller Continuum welders
- Dual Wire Feeders
- Twin Arm Booms
- Enclosures for Welding Wire
- Integrated Fume Extraction Systems that move with the rotation of the welding boom.
- Fume Extraction Guns – Air or Water Cooled
- Mobile Bases to quickly relocate the boom with a forklift to another location or job in the shop.
- Touch Screen Computer Monitors on the Operator Pendant to display CAD Drawings, Models, PDF’s, Video or other information to the welding operator for the weldment they are working on.